Saturday, April 23, 2011

My First Attempt at Primal Bread

One of my favorite breakfasts is Eggs Over Easy.  But without a slice of toast to dunk in the yolk, it is not quite the same.  I came across a VERY simply primal / paleo bread recipe on Marks Daily Apple that I figured I would try.  It might be the easiest recipe you will ever come across.  Alot of people have chimed in with different variations which I may try.  Anyways, here is the recipe:
  • Mix in bowl 1/4th cup flax meal, 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 egg
  • Pour mixture into a flat plastic or glass container about the size of a slice of bread
  • Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds
  • Pop it out of the container and let it cool off
Easy as that.  So was how the bread?  It was average at best.  It was a little too dry for my liking.  Soaked in egg yolk it was good, but without the yolk it was very dry.  This may be a result of me estimating all of the ingredients.  I couldn't find measuring spoons/cups, so I just estimated everything.  I think I may have put in too much flax meal, so I may give it another try.  Here are some pics:








No comments:

Post a Comment